I am currently seeking a permanent position at a Seattle company or organization, but I am also available for freelance TV producing opportunities in Seattle, Los Angeles and on the road. I hope you will consider me for co-executive producer, editor and producer/editor (preditor) positions.
- 14 years producing docu-series television. 5+ years hands-on Avid Media Composer.
- Proven track record leading and facilitating teams in post-production and the field.
- Known for fluid and effective collaboration with executives and networks.
- Excellent writing, editing, planning, implementation and organizational skills.
- Avid User Certified on Avid Media Composer.
- Completed Avid Media Composer Editing Essentials & Effects Essentials at Moviola.
As a television producer with 14 years experience, I’m well-balanced between post production and the field. In post, I collaborate well with editors and producers, facilitate content and notes with networks and executives, write extensive voice-over and pick-ups, and enjoy editing on Avid Media Composer. In the field, I conduct rigorous interviews, direct camera with an eye for story, coordinate cast and crew, and keep the production moving.
I am also Avid User Certified on Avid Media Composer, having completed Moviola’s Avid Media Composer Editing Essentials and Effects Essentials courses. Please check out my reel.
I consider myself an idea person and take pride in being creative and innovative. I write fiction on the side, and I have dabbled in screenwriting and game development over the years. I am nothing if not responsible and organized, and I never let anything slip through the cracks. You’ll find me to be a nice guy who works hard and delivers quality.
TV PRODUCER EXPERIENCE
Since 2004, I have worked as a freelance producer contributing to approximately 200 hours of television. I’m well-balanced between post-production and the field, and I know how to take a project from conception to delivery.
In the Field
- Oversaw logistically complicated shoots.
- Directed camera with an eye for story.
- Conducted rigorous sit-down interviews and OTFs.
- Coordinated cast and crew to keep productions moving and on track.
- Conceptualized storylines and activities.
- Planned shoots and wrote daily schedules.
- Managed teams of editors and producers.
- Facilitated network and executive notes.
- Wrote extensive voice-over and pick-ups.
- Edited scenes on Avid Media Composer.
- Delivered projects on schedule under deadline.
“A Little Too Farr” – STX/go90.com
“Long Lost Family ” – Shed/TLC
“Pretty. Strong.” – Relativity/Oxygen
“Young Guns” – Rogue Atlas/go90.com
“My Dysfunctional Family” & Pilot – Shed/CMT
Supervising Story Producer
“Arranged” – Moxie Pictures/FYI
“Airplane Repo” – Undertow/Discovery
Senior Story Producer
“Arranged” – Moxie Pictures/FYI
“Los Cowboys” – Corral 360/Hulu
“Mountain Men” – Warm Springs/History
“Shadow of Custer” – Warm Springs/History
“Sunset Tan” – Intuitive/E!
“Top This Party” – Intuitive/Lifetime
“Trading Spouses” – Rocket Science/FOX
“Dog & Beth: On the Hunt” – Electus/CMT
“Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 7” – Triage/CMT
“America’s Supernanny” – Shed/Lifetime
“Don’t Tell the Bride” – Shed/OWN
“Texas Multi Mamas” – Shed/WE
“Supernanny” – Shed/ABC
“World’s Strictest Parents” – Shed/CMT
(Prior credits available.)
Before producing television, I worked as a web developer and graphics designer.
Freelance Writer: 2008 – Present
– Completed 11 screenplays and two pilots.
– Wrote the fantasy novel Hell Hunter.
– Optioned a feature spec script and did rewrites for movie producers on two other scripts.
– Created subVegas interactive fiction game.
– Wrote short stories and sketches.
Freelance Writer and Comedian: 1991 – 2003
– Wrote content for publications and greeting cards.
– Performed stand-up comedy.
Avid User Certified on Avid Media Composer
Avid Technologies, 2016
Avid Media Composer Editing Essentials
Avid Media Composer Effects Essentials
B.A. in English (Creative Writing)
University of Washington, 1999
The Second City Comedy Writing Conservatory, 2003
Judy Carter’s Comedy Workshops (Stand-Up), 2003